Educational and fun - a day out with a difference
The Mary Cairncross Scenic Reserve is a unique remnant of subtropical rainforest, with an adjacent picnic area and cafe. The Reserve is located approximately one hour’s drive north of Brisbane at Maleny.
The Reserve is an ecological and recreational retreat where the focus is on conservation, environmental learning and interpretation.
The Fig Tree loop walking track within Mary Cairncross has now reopened and the Fig tree structure will be asssessed regularly for signs of any further decline.
The main attraction is of course the rainforest, with over 2 kilometres of tranquil walking tracks, boardwalks and viewing platforms within the 55 hectare reserve. In addition to this you will find a wide range of facilities for your enjoyment including:
- Rainforest Discovery Centre with new and innovative rainforest interpretative displays
- Picnic tables and barbeques (gas supplied)
- Children’s playground and open recreation space suitable for ball games
- Picnic shelter area
- Breathtaking views of the Glass House Mountains landscape
- Wooden decking to view wildlife
Please be aware that dogs, except for disability companions, and cats are not permitted anywhere in the Reserve.